Enabling children or staff to select meals using the whiteboard or tablets in class is proven to increase meal uptake. Your catering team will know which meals to prepare well in advance – usually before 9am.
Keeping Children Safe
Pupils are only able to select pre-determined allergy (or dietary) safe meals created from a centralised menu.
Having the choice of over 150 in-depth reports, such as which meals are most popular and cost per meal, combined with knowing meal selections in advance will help you reduce waste and save money.
How it Works
- Paperless Meal Selection – Children love selecting meals on the whiteboard or tablet, making mealtimes more manageable for all.
- Efficient Meal Management – Meal choices are logged into the Cypad system, which can be accessed centrally.
- Early orders – Meal orders are available to the catering team by 9am – including a complete list of ingredients.
- Speeds up service – Queues are shorter, with faster throughput.
- Uptake insight – Once the meal service is over, it’s easy to export reports, highlighting what was popular and what was not.
- Realtime reporting – Manage and review income and consumption from across your kitchens, in one place.
- Centralised Menu Management – Review and update nutritional information, share multiple menus, safeguard against allergens, record meals and anonymously identify free school dinners.
Reduce Food Waste
Reduce food wastage and cut costs by fully understanding meal numbers ahead of preparation time.
No Need For Identity Cards
A simpler alternative to biometrics or cards, enabling you to record meals with minimum time and effort required.
Point of Service Meal Registration
Check off meals taken by each pupil at the point of service using an Android tablet with Meal Register.
See Menu Selections
View meals by class or year, using the child’s name or a photo.
Free School Dinners
Identify ‘free school meal students’ in record time, without compromising anonymity.
Quickly export in-depth reports like meal uptake, meal popularity and cost per meal.